Thursday, March 26, 2009

How are you?

Just wondering how everyone is doing. Are you subbing, relaxing, working? Any jobs yet? I'm still looking... :)

The last two days I subbed for my class which was great. It had only been a few days and the kids still greeted me with many hugs. It felt good to be back. Tomorrow I am subbing 6th grade! YIKES! The team teacher coaches water polo with me so I was asking him questions. "So do the kids just sit at their desks while your teaching?" He said, "Where else would they sit?" I replied, "Well my kids sit at the rug." He said, "I don't know if you are ready for 6th grade." Haha... Wish me luck! :)

Hope everyone is well and enjoying teaching (especially with a paycheck!).

3 comments:

Lindsay said...

great to hear from you!

I just moved back to Kent on Saturday and it feels great! I went and turned in 5 applications, but not all of them are complete because I'm waiting for my CT and principal to send it their recommendation letters to my placement file, which is super frustrating. But pending a reference check I'll be a sub for University Place and Fife... so I'm getting there...

Fingers crossed for a full-time. I talked with my principal about it and he made it seem so bleak out there. We'll see!

Anyway, let me know if you ever want to get together and talk weddings and school! I'd love to see you!

Bobbi Jo said...

Hurray for both of you!! :) I will be there soon. I can't wait. I taught my first whole day the other day in my new classroom, and it went surprisingly well. And, starting in May, I will take over. Hurray! I am also trying to start the job search, and will be interviewing on campus in a few weeks, as well as going to the career fair in Tacoma. Will I see either of you there?

Lindsay said...

Courtney --

I have applied to Fife, UP, Tacoma, Federal Way, Auburn, Kent, South Kitsap, and Clover Park so far. However, they're still not complete because I just got my recommendation from my principal yesterday and still haven't gotten my CT's! I just applied to sub right now, because places don't have any openings posted yet. Tacoma does. Anyway, I'm officially a sub for UP now, so we're competition... dun dun dun. I'm nervous to sub at a different school!

I am free the rest of this week... a next week... ha ha. and always. Let me know if you want to get together! Also, are you still going to the educator fair? Christine is, too.

Hopefully I'll see you sometime soon!