Monday, December 15, 2008

Placement Update

I am officially in a 2nd grade classroom at Sunset Primary! I met with my new cooperating teacher, principal and supervisor today. The curriculum is very different and includes a lot of direct instruction. The school uses Houghton Mifflin for reading and Scott Foresman for math. Although it is very different than what I am used to, it will be a great opportunity to learn new curriculum that I may have to use in the future.

I know I will have a lot to share with you in January so I will keep you posted. Hope everyone is staying bundled up! It's freezing!

2 comments:

Amy said...

YEAH! I am so glad you met your teacher and are getting "settled" back home. We miss you terribly, but know that you will be successful at Sunset. Just today, Kirk said, it's WEIRD that Miss Gallo isn't here! We can't wait to hear your stories....you'll do great with Houghton Mifflin and Addison Wesley, and what a great experience to get both models under your belt prior to being a "full fledged teacher!"
let me know anyway I can help you thoughout the quarter.
It's a BLIZZARD up here, and the kids have a SNOW DAY tomorrow. Maybe I will FINALLY catch up on some paperwork and get myself organzied again! Take Care and KEEP in touch!
:) Amy

Christine said...

That is so great Courtney. I hope all goes well for you there. Can't wait to hear all about it. Since we will both be in such new environments I hope that we can correspond and help each other out. I leave in less than 8 days. I am pretty nervous! Well, have a great holiday! ~Christine