Sunday, December 21, 2008

I'm Engaged!

I know this isn't a personal blog, but I couldn't resist sharing this exciting moment!

Saturday morning my family and Greg went to Seattle to do some Christmas shopping. Greg and his dad took turns waiting in line for the Nordstrom's Santa. After 3 hours, it was Greg's turn. He called me and told me he was waiting in line for Santa pictures. I wasn't aware of anything until I saw my dad sneaking in the back door to get pictures. The rest of my family had a front window view. Greg got down on his knee and proposed! Everyone waiting in line was applauding as Santa introduced us as the future Mr. and Mrs. Swanson. The window that Santa was in had microphones to the outside so everyone could hear everything. Afterwards, we celebrated with lunch with our families. It was a wonderful day and a great start to the holiday break!



2 comments:

Amy said...

COURTNEY!
How exciting! I am over the moon happy for you! What an exciting time in your life. And what an engagement story! Do you have a date set yet?
Congrats, congrats, congrats!

Courtney said...

Hi Amy!

Thanks so much for the nice messages. The engagement was very exciting and I have already begun planning! It is looking like the wedding will be on July 11th. I hope you had a great Christmas and have enjoyed your break. Have a Happy New Year and I will be in touch soon!